Job Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Remote Status: Hybrid
As a member of Neurogazer’s Service Division, you will craft experiences that will help millions of people better understand their brain. We are a close-knit team guided by a collaborative user-centered design process. The goal of this position is to build compelling interfaces for our service as well as develop new features with the Product Design team to augment the user experience. You’ll design physical and digital products that deliver results with empathy that lead to impactful life changes. You’ll spearhead the development of product strategies, drive the collaborative efforts of the Product and Web design team, and drive the team to exceed expectations on all levels.
- • In this role you will be collaborating with a variety of skilled colleagues including Full Stack Developers, Web Developers, Neuroscientists, machine learning / AI specialists, data scientists and product managers.
- • Should be a strategic product thinker with the experience understanding product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the impact to people and the company.
- • Solicit and provide feedback from partners and consumers to continually improve the quality of our product through multiple iterations exploring a range of design options.
- • Create concept models, user interface sketches, experience diagrams, and detailed schematics.
- • Elevate the customer experience across web service platform through UI/UX evaluation and design principles and practices.
- • Evaluate the existing user experience across web service platform.
- • Create experiences from concept to launch including user flows, wireframes, visual mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- • Advance the overall quality of design thinking, processes, and execution across the team.
- • Create illustrations and interactions that simplify complex scientific concepts into interesting and consumer-friendly visualizations and experiences.
- • Pro-actively seek out and recommend new concepts to improve content and performance.
- • Create entire UI/UX for web with a responsive design.
- • Create prototypes, mock-ups, and layouts for all new concepts.
- • Create design of visuals including logos and website symbology.
- • Design, develop, and maintain graphics and layouts for web application.
- • Brainstorm and collaborate with Product Design team on concept development.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- • 2+ years of experience in Product Design, UI/UX Design, or a similar role.
- • Strong communicator, storyteller, leader, and design thinker.
- • Expert in product and creative design (experience, interaction, visual).
- • Visual Design skills with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense.
- • Must have a portfolio that demonstrates a range of work, a compelling perspective, design process, and a personal aesthetic (website or PDF with at least one case study or prototype).
- • You’re a Sketch/Figma expert and proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- • Experience in developing style and corporate identity guidelines.
- • Experience using data and user research to inform decisions for consumer features.
- • Interest in neuroscience, healthcare, and/or psychology is a plus.
- • Experience on a small team in a fast paced start-up environment is a plus.